The Course Builder reports to the Director of Instructional Design and works collaboratively with Instructional Design Specialists to build courses in a Learning Management System. The Course Builder ensures consistency of course presentation by following course development guidelines and providing consistent content entry based on each client's specific style. A working knowledge of basic HTML is necessary as some tasks require working with HTML code. The Course Builder will also be responsible for building quizzes, assignments, grade book settings, and advanced functions within Blackboard Learn, Canvas, and Moodle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build new courses in our LMS using content provided by Instructional Designers
- Add course materials and content to LMS
- Update content for existing courses in the LMS
- Provide maintenance for existing courses as needed
- Build quizzes in current quizzing software using provided content
- Provide quality control by completing checklists related to the build phase
- Contribute to the overall quality assurance process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience working with HTML required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Skill using an image editing software required
- Skill using screenshot and screen capture software required
- Skill in critical thinking and problem-solving geared toward working in a technology-driven organization
- Experience in learning and adapting online technologies preferred
- Experience in multimedia creation preferred
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to work with production schedules, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to be detail oriented and to ensure accuracy in course content
- Ability to communicate online including email, videoconferencing, and other technology based on communication media
Competitive pay and flexible work schedule. Please email your resume for consideration to email@example.com
We are looking for 1-2 interns that are hardworking and understand what a deadline means. Applicant should have attention to detail, understanding of Google Docs, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and ability to complete work independently.
Qualified applicant will have a personal computer and high-speed internet access. Work can be completed on your own schedule but deadlines will be provided. Initial training will take place either in person or remotely. On-going training will be provided by phone, email or video conferencing during normal business hours.
You will learn how to build Blackboard Learn courses during your internship. You will create quizzes, tests, discussion boards, and assignments. We work with top-level colleges and universities and develop courses in a variety of topics including Nursing, Management, Accounting, and Mathematics just to name a few!
We provide a competitive hourly pay rate and require a monthly commitment of 80 hours. Hours may fluctuate based on company needs. Position has the potential to continue after the summer. Please contact Laurel Silk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.