Working at SilkWeb is engaging and empowering. No role is siloed, every teammate is valued and invested in. We support each other to excel. We're more than colleagues- we're friends and it shows in our high quality of work and the dedication everyone brings every day.
Apply for a Job
We are hiring!
The Instructional Designer's main focus is to provide curriculum design, assessment, and learning management systems support across a wide spectrum of courses. We are seeking to hire a professional Instructional Designer who designs and develops learning and practical experiences working with content subject matter experts as well as existing learning assets. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge and developing skills, and building competencies in an effective, efficient and appealing manner as appropriate for our target audiences.
· Consult with college faculty to ensure high quality learning experience for students including instructional methods, appropriate learning activities, and assessment techniques
· Consult and collaborate with educators on pedagogically sound and effective use of instruction, design strategies, active learning, online classroom management, assessment techniques and content development across multiple modalities
· In collaboration with faculty and/or other subject matter experts, designs and develops engaging, interactive and instructionally sound learning materials, including assessments, in alignment with learning objectives and goals
·Utilizes and recommends effective and creative uses of technology to enhance instruction including content authoring tools, document creation applications, presentation tools and other technology resources to develop custom products
· Under the direction of senior instructional designers/managers, assists with quality assurance, editing and implementing recommended changes to improve learning
· Provides troubleshooting, technology, documentation and support to faculty
· Builds familiarity with, and remains current on, best practices, learning theories, and instructional technologies and incorporates these into content standards and learning objectives
· Native English speaker
· Degree in instructional design, educational technology, or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in instructional design
· Proven working experience in instructional design and instructional technology
· Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
· Skilled in developing lesson and curriculum plans for college level coursework
· Working knowledge of at least one Learning Management System (LMS) – D 2L, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle
· Skilled with Articulate products such as Rise and Storyline
· Must be highly motivated and detailed oriented with the flexibility to multi-task and work well in a dynamic and professional environment
· Must be able to collaborate and communicate with a diverse group of individuals including faculty, staff, senior administrators, industry partners, and other instructional designers
· Must possess technical expertise in business management tools including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
· Must have a reliable home internet connection
· Must have a clean and quiet work location
· REMOTE POSITION - Work from home - full-time